On Wednesday 28th June 2017, County Brides hosted the 7th annual North West Wedding Awards at The Mere Resort & Spa. There were 311 guests in attendance for this black tie awards evening where County Brides also raised over £2,000 on the night for their chosen charity, The 1st Lowton St Mary’s Scouts.
Brides, bridegrooms and customers from across the region had voted for the best suppliers in the wedding industry. Over 4,100 votes were counted, more than 250 companies were nominated, and 27 winners picked up their well-deserved awards on the night. Guests also raised money for 1st Lowton St Mary’s Scouts group by participating in a fun Kings & Queens game to win a bottle of Champagne, a raffle and an exciting auction.
Managing Director Duane Thornborough introduced the evening and commented “WOW! Welcome to our biggest Awards evening yet. You all look fabulous and thank you for your support. Tonight, we are raising money for the 1st Lowton St Mary’s Scouts, our chosen charity this year. We are here to celebrate the achievements of companies within our industry, so remember you are ALL winners for getting this far and should display your Finalist’s & Winners badges with pride.”
Guests were encouraged to network throughout the evening, and to get involved on social media, posting photos and comments about the event.
The event was brilliantly put together by I Do Venue Dressing who provided the table decorations and theming, PA & Lighting were provided by iCatching Events, and the event was expertly hosted by Adam Boasman from DFC. Reception saxophonist music was provided by Al from DFC, and in the evening guests enjoyed more live music by UTC Band. The DJ from Dancefloor Couture, Magic Mirror by Cheshire Celebrations & Casino tables by Ice Entertainments kept everyone entertained in to the small hours.
It was an amazing evening and County Brides would like to thank all of the companies who helped to put the evening together, donated their time and prizes, and sponsored the event which has helped County Brides to raise more than £32,000 for various charities over the last seven years, through the annual Awards, a charity calendar, donations and sponsorships.
County Brides publish an annual wedding magazine which is distributed to over 220 wedding fayres and shows across the region as well as organising their own wedding fayres. The North West Wedding Awards has become one of the biggest annual events within the industry.
- County Brides Limited – Wedding Magazine & Events
List of Sponsors:
- I Do Venue Dressing – Centre pieces and venue dressing
- Dragonfly Couture – Invitations, Menus & Table Plan
- iCatching Events & Ice Entertainments – Large letters
- Carrs Jewellers– Awards
- Karena Floral & Event Artisan – Winners Bouquets
- DFC (Dancefloor Couture) – Compere and DJ – Adam Boasman
- Polaris Wedding Video – Videography
- Glacial Art – Ice Sculpture
- iCatching Events – Sound, Lighting, AV & Starlit Curtain
- Alan Harding Photography – Official Photographer
- N Digital – Table Plans
- Cheshire Celebrations – Magic Mirror
- Al the Saxophonist (DFC) – Reception Entertainment
- UTC (Under the Covers) – Live Entertainment
- Ice Entertainment – Casino Tables
- The Mere Resort – Drinks Reception
Fun Heads & Tails game sponsor:
- West Tower Exclusive Wedding Venue – Champagne prize for the Heads & Tails game
- Manchester United signed image – Rollers Wedding Cars
- Scouts – Trip
- 8 x Studio shoot – Gillian Devine Photography
- Abbey House Hotel – Dinner, Bed & Breakfast
- Aman’s Indian Restaurant – Meal discount voucher
- Babyobaidi – Custom pull up banner
- Cakes by Keri – Birthday / celebration cake voucher
- Cherish Bridal – Chocolate hamper
- Duncan Fisher – Designer Hair Products
- Faye Amanda Photography – 2 hour family photoshoot
- Henry D Johnstone – Jewellery
- Imperial Court Chinese Restaurant – Voucher towards a meal & bottle of wine
- Karena Floral & Event Artisan – Flowers
- Manchester City Football Club – Stadium tour for 4 guests
- Piero Belmonte – Family portrait session
- Rojer’s Jewellers – Jewellery
- Taylory – 1 day’s seminar for two people
- Shrigley Hall – Prosecco afternoon tea for 4 guests
- Shuffs – Drinks hamper
- Tree Frog Creative – Marketing Voucher – £250
- Vale Royal Abbey – 4 ball Golf Day
- Cake Pops – Box of cake pops
All of our fabulous award winners are pictured below aside from one company who were unfortunately not able to make it to the Awards Evening, but were the winner in the following category;
Best Make – up, Health & Well Being – Jenna Alexander
This year a special award, the County Brides Wedding Industry Achievement Award, went posthumously to Carole Shuff, in recognition of the role she played in the industry.