Jane’s top ten tips for hiring your wedding suits
- Decide upon your budget, remembering that this is the most important day of your life, select your suit by going to a specialist Formal wear shop. Look for quality and service, at a realistic price, like all walks in life your get what you pay for.
- Be sure to try the suit and accessories on when booking your suits, there are different styles, so be sure to chose the style best for yourself. Be sure to leave the shop happy and comfortable with your choice.
- Take a swatch of the bridesmaids colour into the shop with you to ensure a match for the waistcoats and ties etc.
- Always a good idea to hire shoes, this way all your guests will be the same and no danger of a teenage cousin arriving in black trainers etc. It happens!!
- If you are looking for scrunch ties, go for self tie ones as the pre-tied ones have unsightly fastenings on the side. Not a good look on your photographs.
- Make sure your chosen shop has your suits ready at least 4 days prior to the wedding, therefore if you do need to change anything you are not on the last minute.
- Make sure you have cufflinks, good formal wear shops carry a range of coloured links and tie pins to co-ordinate your wedding colour theme.
- Your suit will be in a garment cover, after you have collected it from the shop, hang your suit in your wardrobe so it’s perfect for the big day.
- Be sure to hang your jacket in the car as you leave for your destination, formal suits are usually a longer style than normal suits and will crease easily whilst driving.
Jane Powell, Managing Partner,
Swarbricks Formal Hire