As soon as you drive through the main gates into the private walled estate, you will be truly mesmerised by the size and beauty of the grounds. You will be welcomed by our dedicated team as you walk up the stairs into the entrance. The Hall is exclusively yours for the day to enjoy all the rooms in the house as well as the terrace which offers stunning views across the manicured gardens and lake.
You can exchange your vows in the majestic splendour of our Stucco Ballroom. This room exudes romance with its gold encrusted leaf craftsmanship and original fireplace.
Your guests can enjoy reception drinks and canapés on the terrace overlooking the stunning grounds. The vast outdoor space allows you to capture many different and dramatic backdrops for your wedding photographs. If the weather is not good then celebrate in the fine grandeur of the Walnut Drawing Room surrounded by family photographs, original oak panelling and fireplace, giving that feel of a lived in country house. The room with its warm lighting and cosy seating and views across the manicured gardens give your guests that relaxed feeling of being in their own home for the day.
Once you are ready to sit down for your wedding breakfast, you will be welcomed into the magnificent State Dining Room through the huge solid oak doors as Mr & Mrs. Your wedding party will dine on a sumptuous menu and tasted and approved by The Earl and Countess of Derby themselves – planned by you in collaboration with our team of expert chefs and created with ingredients sourced fresh where possible from the Knowsley Estate.
There are 15 bedrooms in the Hall which have all been individually designed by The Countess of Derby herself and are immaculately maintained to a high standard by our team of housekeepers. Knowsley Hall is the only stately home in the country to be awarded 5* gold standard by Visit Britain so you can rest assure that your stay will be one to truly remember.
- Luxury authentic Stately house, home to The Earl and Countess of Derby. Enjoy exclusive hire of the Hall giving you the opportunity to feel like the house is yours for the day.
- The Hall is set in over 2,500 of landscape gardens offering you numerous places to have your wedding photographs taken. Your guests can enjoy the views of the gardens on our terrace whilst enjoy drinks and canapés.
- In-house chef – you will be invited to a complimentary wedding breakfast tasting when you get to try our delicious dishes made by our in-house chef. All our food is locally sourced where possible.
- Fully licensed for marriages and civil partnerships, enjoy your wedding ceremony in the beautiful surroundings of our Stucco Ballroom.
- All our 15 bedrooms have been awarded 5* by Visit Britain. Lady Derby has individually designed all the rooms herself making that overnight stay very special.
- Our dedicated wedding team and house staff work together to make sure the house is always immaculate and well maintained – we even close the Hall for 2 weeks every year to give it a full spring clean.