UK brides spend on average fourteen months planning their big day, but is it possible to plan a whirl wind wedding from engagement to ‘I do’ in just four months ?
Our Wedding Coordinators at Crewe Hall say “Yes, absolutely!” but you will need a clear plan, and here’s how:
- Set a date and secure your venue including booking your registrar or church
- Agree your guest list and confirm provisional numbers with your venue
- Confirm that your venue is holding rooms for overnight guests
- Send out “Save the Dates” to guests – with details on the overnight room booking process
- Recruit your bridesmaids
- Get your long list of preferred suppliers together
- Dress shopping!
Three months to go
- Order invitations
- Order rings
- Meet with and confirm your main suppliers from photographer to florist
- Meet with your caterer to taste food and plan the menu
- Book wedding cars
- Order cake or agree who’ll be making it for you if a generous friend offers
- Check your passport doesn’t need renewing. If it does – get the process started this month.
Two months to go
- Book your honeymoon
- Book appointments for a manicure and pedicure for the day before the wedding and a hair and makeup stylist for the big day
- Send out your invitations
- Buy bridesmaid dresses, groom, best man and usher suits or tuxes.
- Register for gifts.
- Meet with the registrar to plan the ceremony.
- Confirm final guest numbers with your venue and settle your account.
Four weeks to go
- Create a music list for your band
- Contact guests who haven’t responded to your invitation
- Create your table plan
- Hold hen & stag celebrations
Three weeks to go
- Have your dress fitting
Two weeks to go
- Pick up rings
One week to go
- Pick up your dress
- Give the venue and caterer your final headcount
- Pack for the honeymoon.
- Treat yourself to a pampering massage in our spa! Your big day is almost here! http://www.qhotels.co.uk/our-locations/crewe-hall/spa/
Crewe Hall offers some amazing late availability packages to suit all numbers and requirements. Our specialised Wedding Coordinators are on hand to help plan all those small details to ensure your day is perfect.
Crewe Hall, Weston Road, Crewe, Cheshire, CW1 6UZ
01270 253 333