This is the second post from Rebecca, our blogging bride, about choosing the suppliers that will make their wedding day perfect. Rebecca and James will be getting married at Wrenbury Hall on 19th March, just a few short weeks away!
“We have several musicians playing at the wedding (we’re trying to keep this under wraps though, so I can’t say too much at this stage but will let you all know more after the big day) and again they were all either recommended by the venue or by friends and family.
Many of our other suppliers were chosen after meeting them at various wedding fayres. The ones we chose were not necessarily giving us a service at the lowest price but were the people who listened to us, made us laugh and wanted to know about us and our wedding. We would strongly recommend meeting your suppliers in person before booking anything. There were a few that we considered who looked amazing on paper but when we met with them were just not people we could see ourselves working with or trusting our big day to.
These people will play a big part on your wedding day so make sure you try to get to know them as well… you’re probably going to be spending a lot of time communicating with them in the run up to the wedding
I don’t want to jinx anything, but I honestly feel like we have been so lucky with the suppliers we are working with and I cannot wait for the day to arrive!!
- Don’t be afraid to share your ideas and be clear about what you want. I printed off pictures to help explain the kinds of things I liked (and didn’t like) and gave these to suppliers to help them understand what I was looking for.
- Equally, I think it’s important to allow your suppliers to do their thing. They are experts and you chose them for a reason, so try not to stifle their creativity.
- My top question to ask all suppliers was ‘what is the back-up plan if you are unable to make it on the wedding day?’ This helped to put my mind at ease instead of worrying about ‘what ifs’.
- Be clear about your budget from the start. We found that most suppliers were able to accommodate our budgets if we shared these from the beginning.
- Go with your gut….as I said above, we have chosen people we got on with and are happy to share our special day with.